Monday, May 23, 2016

San Juan Trip Reflection

The trip to San Juan was a woulderful and unique experience that I'll always remember. We got to learn about marine biology first hand, which you can't really do much of in Colorado. To me, being able to hold the animals we've been learning about since January was incredible because I could know they weren't just something we learn about in a book or lecture. Also, seeing that some of these creatures survive without eyes or a complex brain was different because it was something new to me not to see any eyes or movement from something I know is alive.mWe got to see Orcas in the wild which was beautiful because, we saw a family that was just free and living off of its ecosystem. Going on this trip made me more aware that there is a bigger picture, there are probably billions of different unique and important animals on earth, Colorado isn't its own tiny little world, and there is so much out there that I don't know and will never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment