Sunday, May 22, 2016

Friday Harbor Reflection- Jorge P.

Things I did on the last day of the trip:
  • Rode Ferry to Anacortes
  • Rode Bus to Seattle
  • Explored Pikes Market
  • Bought some shirts and souvenirs in Seattle
  • Went to Airport
My favorite activity during the last day was exploring Pikes Market and buying some stuff so I can remember Seattle and Friday Harbor.

I enjoyed this amazing trip because it was so cool learning about Marine Biology and Friday Harbor's history.  I learned so much during this trip.  For example I learned that you don't need your phone in your hand every second of the day.  You enjoy trips more if you don't have your phone, because you are looking at nature, instead at a screen with pictures of nature.  Its not the same.  I also learned a lot about marine biology, like different animals habitats and how they live.  Last thing that I learned was that you can get closer to people and know them better with a trip.  I got closer with some of the people in the AVID Family that I didn't even talk that much.

I learned most of the marine biology info from a great teacher and person; Mr. Davis.  He taught us so much about Friday Harbor and different organisms.  I'm glad I got to know him.  I also learned about other people by talking to them and not having technology distracting me from the trip.

I will probably do this and forget about technology, next time I go on a trip.  Trust me I enjoyed the trip better without my phone, most of the time I forgot about my phone.  I will also teach some people about the different organisms and about the trip.  I will tell about how crucial it is to know about this information.  It is also cool learning about things that you didn't know about before.  This information could save some organisms, for example the starfish and their disease.

Again I really enjoyed this trip, I wish we could've stayed a little longer.  It was such a fun experience doing all the different activities.  I thank the chaperones and other people that supported our trip, you guys helped a lot.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment