Monday, May 23, 2016

My Reflection on Our Trip to Friday Harbor!


   This trip to Friday Harbor was definitely a once in a lifetime experience! I learned many new things and applied the info we already learned throughout our days on the island. I learned new things about the physical environment in Friday Harbor and the island such as what was the oldest building in Friday Harbor, the natural disasters that happen(ed), how Mt. Young came to be, and much more! I also learned about many new marine life outside and past the docks and marine life in the docks. For example, Popeye, the well known harbor seal that is seen around the docks, stellar sea lions, Orca Whales, cone jellies, and more! I think the most thing I learned about and already learned before the trip was about the marine life. I learned a lot about and for this trip from Mr.Davis, a bit from Ms.Barcheck and Mr.Graham, and from the resources at Friday Harbor, such as JB, those at the American Legion, and many of the residence living in the town that were super helpful! I feel that the information we learned would be greatly used if you were to study marine biology, helpful for a class, and would be handy to know if you were informing someone or on a hike! This was an amazing trip and was definitely worth all the hard work and studying! I would do anything to go back on this trip! :)



    

No comments:

Post a Comment