Sunday, May 22, 2016

Reflection on Friday Harbor trip

Being able to have the opportunity to go on the Avid trip has been a once in a life experience. I am glad I was able to go because we saw all of the Marine Biology that Mr. Davis talked to us about and we also got to learn new things. We learned new things about not only other organisms but also the culture and history at Friday Harbor. My favorite part on this trip was Whale Watching. Last year my sister went on this trip and unfortunately they didn't get to see whales so me being so see them and me telling her all about them was great. As soon as we saw the first whale we gasped in excitement. We followed them for a while and then left to go find other organisms. We saw sea lions and then went back to Friday Harbor. We learned a lot of stuff when we were on the Scavenger hunt because of all of the people we had asked about the history of Friday Harbor. A fact that one of the people that lived in Friday Harbor was about the Pig War. It was against the Americans and the British. An American had shot a British pig. They wanted to start a war because of this but it was soon called off. Also the American Legion museum might help people in the future because some of them want to be in the Air Force, Army, Navy or another service. Everything we did at Friday Harbor was fun. It made me want to explore more because there are a lot of beautiful places that I want to go to now

No comments:

Post a Comment