Monday, May 9, 2016

Excited/Nervous Mrs. Barcheck's Sister

I am honored to get the opportunity to spend a week with my sister, Mrs. Barcheck, and her amazing 8th grade AVID students.

I am most excited and nervous for the same thing. It's been a long time since I was in middle school and I worry that I'm not cool enough to hang with 8th graders. But I'm so excited to get a chance to know all of the students and experience new sights, smells, and sounds with them. The AVID students have worked incredibly hard to earn their San Juan Islands trip and I've been working hard to convince Mrs. Barcheck to let me come along. I can't wait to share this once in a lifetime experience with everyone.

The most important item I am bringing is not very practical. I have a small camera that is like an old Polaroid. Once you take a picture, it immediately sends out a print. Since students don't get to bring their cell phones for pictures, I hope having a little print from one of their favorite moments will be a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment