Saturday, May 21, 2016

Reflection of my trip to the San Juan Islands

The trip was definitely the adventure of a lifetime and I'm so glad I was able to go. I had some much fun going to the tide pools and going whale watching, especially since we were able to see orca whales and find a bunch of stuff in the tide pools. I really enjoyed cooking and eating at the American Legion as well as going to the docks at night. I also really enjoyed going on the Duck Tour, the ferry, and Pikes Market, but out of all the thing we did this week, I most enjoyed looking at the view from the American Legion and learning about all the different things on the island, and most of all, hanging out with my friends.

I learned a bunch of interesting stuff about the island its self and its inhabitants. We learned about the different types of animals in the tide pools and the vegetation around the island. We also learned some history and acts about Seattle, for example, the Seattle Space Needle was designed on a napkin and presented at the Worlds Fair, Amazon owns most of the Seattle skyscrapers and the original Pioneer Squared flooder twice daily and was burned down in less that 24 hours. I could use this information in high school or later on in life if I decide to traveling or want to teach kids about it.

Thanks to all the awesome teachers that came with us on this amazing trip! I wish we could have stayed longer, but it was awesome while it lasted. I will never forget this trip and I don't think anyone else who went on this trip will either.

No comments:

Post a Comment